Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Danica is the First Woman to Win IRL Race!


now that Patrick has won a race, IRL is sure to crank up the hype machine ahead of the Indy 500. In two more tries at Indy since the fourth place finish in 2005 where she led for 19 laps, she has finished in 8th twice. (I remember that) If anything, the greatest regret the circuit probably has right now is that Patrick's win had to come on the circuit's one stop in Japan, where the race could never draw a large North American television audience.

Finally, now that she's won a race, one wonders just how much longer it will be before Patrick says goodbye to IRL, and takes a hard look at NASCAR. (NASCAR did want her to join it as she turn down as not ready to do it yet) As well as she's done sponsor-wise in IRL, there's little doubt in my mind that a hop with a NASCAR team would be far more lucrative, a move that many of her former IRL confederates like Dario Franchitti and Sam Hornish, Jr., have already made.

Mo: I knew she will get the win someday and she did it (I'm Proud) !!!!!
Dang! I would love to watch the race (I probably will watch the reply race) and honestly Im not big IRL fan as know few driver names (IRL)

Anyway there are one or two ladies still drives in IRL all I can remember but not as popular like Danica is

2 comments:

Kerri said...

I'd love to see some chicks in NASCAR, though I'm not sure that all the hype and attention will be good. It would be interesting to know if she's done any stock car racing yet. The few women drivers I've seen in stock car racing don't seem to be willing to take as many risks as the men and that keeps them from being competitors.

Anonymous said...

yeah Shawn Robinson all i can remember for the Cup race
she wasnt that bad but men did complaining to her
Jr was one of them cuz she hit his Bud car during the race but her husband worked for DEI oops that time! lol

Mo