Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Sadly it’s not yet known for great racing at the Chicagoland Speedway...

Chicago fans known for football, baseball, deep dish pizza, shopping, and the Sears Tower.............

I heard some of people was at the track and watched tv @ home for the Durrock 300 & Sheetrock 400 Chicagoland Speedway was boring...Once the race was over I realized, it may have been boring from a race viewer fans was not too many crashes, hardly any side-by-side racing worth talking about, no controversial spin outs, no photo finish but it was a pretty exciting race for me..................
{Busch Series}

Brad Keselowski

The JR Motorsports’ No. 88 Navy Accelerate Your Life Chevrolet Monte Carlo SS started the race from 33rd position and finished at 14th in a field filled with 23 NASCAR NEXTEL Cup Series drivers. It was a career-best for Brad Keselowski in the Busch Series. The finish also garnered Keselowski the top Raybestos Rookie award. Yahoo!

{Nextel Cup Series}



  • Dale Earnhardt Jr. experiences a myriad of problems from missing pit road

to brushing the wall to finally seeing the power steering give away. Jr. managed to finish 19th in the Bud Chevrolet.



  • Martin Truex Jr. starts off strong but fails to make it to the finish as his engine gave up the ghost in the later stages of the race.


  • Tough season for Robby Gordon gets tougher as he crashes out the Jim Beam machine.


  • Dave Blaney and Ward Burton are victims of a late-race crash that takes out two drivers that really need to just finish races.


  • The Dominos Toyota of David Reutimann overcooks an engine, bringing on a serious case of heartburn.


  • Millions of Dale Earnhardt Jr. fans now have to find a new favorite brew after they learn that Budweiser will not follow Jr. to Hendrick Motorsports.


  • Jimmie Johnson experiences a hard crash after the right rear tire gives away; the Lowe’s Chevrolet was running second at the time of the crash.
(Dale Jr best chatter)
Radio chatter can be explicit and NSFW

Here's Mo listened the radio scanner on all drivers (mostly 0n #8)

Listen the scanner

or

Text from the scanner (not all of them)

Dale Jr. struggled early in each run following a pit stop, but once the tires came to the proper temperatures and pressures, the Bud car was a rocket in the high lane, often slinging around other cars while only inches from the wall - or less.


Dale Jr. (on lap 105, after repeatedly 'brushing' a segment of the wall at the exit of turn four): "STUPID WALL!"
Steve Hmiel (spotter): "I've seen that. You're doin' good June. You've gained two seconds on the leader the last 20 laps."
Dale Jr.: "That damn wall (off of turn four) sticks out there like a knot! It's fuckin stupid!"
Hmiel (reassuring the crew) : "No damage to the car, Tony Jr."


Lap 148, and seemingly out of nowhere:
Dale Jr.: "Sometimes I think about it and I can't believe I'm a race car driver..." (Mo is laughing)



Lap 185, and a potential problem developed...
Tony Eury Jr. (crew chief): "Just so you're aware, you have a small piece of paper on the top grill. See if you can use the 07 car (Clint Bowyer) to help that." (A driver can pull close behind another car, and the change in air pressure will blow the paper off before the car overheats.)
Dale Jr.: "If I get to him..."
Tony Jr.: "You'll get to him eventually. At your convenience."
Dale Jr.: "Where is it?"
Tony Jr.: "It's in the upper right hand corner."



After a few laps and a close call with Bowyer...
Dale Jr.: (to his spotter) "Damn! You might wanna tell him what I want to do! DAMN!"
Hmiel: "We're talking to him. He's ready for it."
Dale Jr.: "I don't think I can get it off there..."
Eury Jr.: "You got it. It's gone. Now, GO!"
Dale Jr.: "It's gone?"
Eury Jr.: "Yes sir. You're good."
Dale Jr.: "10-4. Tell him (Bowyer) thanks! The temperature was at 250 (degrees) and it's already down to 245..."



The team had one of their best pit stops of the season on lap 203, pulling Dale Jr. from sixth place to third. Unfortunately, while fighting to gain second place on lap 210, the power steering pump locked up, and Dale Jr. dropped six spots in one lap, and eventually fell to the final spot on the lead lap.


Dale Jr.: "LOST THE POWER STEERING! Sorry about that!"
Eury Jr.: "It's alright. 10-4. Do what you can."
Dale Jr.: "It's pretty hard to drive it!"
Eury Jr.: "Drive in your high line - that'll be a little easier on you... Just put them guns of yours up on the steering wheel and get on with it!"
Dale Jr.: (laughing) "I'll try to go where ya want me to go. I've never driven a car like this! This is funny!"



Under a lengthy yellow flag period that began on lap 223...
Dale Jr.: "Sorry. No power steering. The steering wheel just locked up. I had to slow down. It's hard getting into the corners, but I thought it would be harder... but I feel like I'm slingin' a ten-pound hammer everytime I turn down in. I never "
Eury Jr.: "It's cool. We ain't never had that happen. Do what you can do."
Dale Jr.: "It's OK. I ain't never driven one like this... I'm about to take the gloves off, but this (stuff's) about to get serious."
Eury Jr.: (teasing) "The boys say they wanna see those forearms when ya get out of the car."
Dale Jr.: (laughing) "If I was Ryan Newman I'd be able to drive the (stuff) out of it! I was OK, wasn't I?... I'll do the best I can. But it might be the ugliest (stuff) you've ever seen."
Eury Jr.: "10-4. Do whatcha can do."
Dale Jr. (looking for his teammate Martin Truex Jr.) "Where's Martin?"
Eury Jr.: "He blew up..."
Dale Jr.: 'Why didn't you tell me?!"
Hmiel: "We figured - both literally and figuratively - that you had your hands full."
Dale Jr.: "Ah! 10-4..."



    1 comment:

    Anonymous said...

    Was that a compliment to Newman? YEP! My man rocks! Love that you put the radio text in! Great info you share on here!