Sunday, July 29, 2007

Dale Earnhart, Jr. Radio Scanner Indy, Allstate 400

Here's Best Radio Chatter

Dale Jr. made an aggressive move to pass Tony Stewart for the lead on lap 20. Soon after assuming the top spot, the yellow flag came out.

Dale Jr.: "Heh heh. That was FUN.

"Steve Hmiel (spotter): "That was fun to watch too..."

Shortly after taking the lead, Dale Jr. ran too low in turn two and wrinkled the left-front bodywork when running over the rumble strips on the inside edge of the track.

Dale Jr.: "I think the left front is buckled! I hit the rumble strips... (no immediate response) Can ya hear me?!"

Tony Eury Jr. (crew chief): "Yeah, it's turned under a little bit."

Dale Jr.: "Talk to me here.

"Eury Jr.: "Yes sir, it is bent in a bit, but we'll fix you up on the next stop. You're still three-tenths of a second (per lap) better than the the 20 car (Stewart)."

During the next yellow-flag period, after repairs were made...

Dale Jr.: "I'll probably keep hitting it. Those rumble strips are made for the open-wheel cars - they're not made for stock cars. It's like hitting a two-by-four that's on top of the asphalt. I do it every year and I suppose I'll keep hitting them because I like being down there near the grass."
As he slowed on lap 135 and smoke billowed from the racecar...




Dale Jr.: "It's blown up! A pulley came off or something. Or maybe the harmonic balancer — but it's done."


Today's StatsStarted: 4th (seventh top-five start of the 2007 season)

Finished: 34thMoney: $203,658

Laps Led: 33 laps

Points: 12th place (no change)

Best Pit Stop: Stop # 5 of 5 / Lap 126 / four tires and fuel / 13.00 seconds

No comments: